Senior Tax Associate
Top Long Island CPA and Advisory firm DSJCPA is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic professional to join our tax team as a Senior Tax Associate.
Position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
- Ability to oversee, train and coach other tax associates and interns on assignments and assess their performance.
- Prepare the engagement timeline, budget, scheduling and personnel required.
- Review and assess the client’s internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Function as lead individual contributor on various tax projects as appropriate.
- Check tax returns prepared by assigned tax staff and make necessary recommendations regarding accuracy, efficiency and applicable tax savings opportunities.
- Gain continuous level of increased compliance responsibility in the review process.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate and foreign tax clients.
- Research and consult with partners and supervisors and above on various client-related tax matters.
- Handles federal, state and local tax audits, reviews IRS notices, and prepares written correspondence to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA, MS in Taxation and/or LLM preferred
- 4+ years of public tax accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in accounting and tax software, Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include job position, salary requirements and email address.