As a growing LI CPA firm, we are seeking individual to lead and manage multiple engagements for our small business clients. Position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
- Perform diversified accounting and auditing assignments.
- Establish a client working relationship and a thorough knowledge of client’s business.
- Prepare the engagement timeline, budget, scheduling and personnel required.
- Review and assess the client’s internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to general ledger account balances.
- Review and prepare work papers and supervises work to staff accountants.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure all work is prepared in accordance with GAAP and Firm standards.
- Communicate progress of engagements, any problem areas and resolution recommendations to the client.
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills and work quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Possess or be working toward a certified public accountant (CPA) credential.
- 3+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax/audit.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in accounting and tax software, Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include job position, salary requirements and email address.