Rapidly growing firm, looking for a 3-5+ year experienced accountant, to visit clients weekly, monthly, semi-monthly, quarterly or annually. Work with a wide range of not-for-profits from the start-up NFP to some of the very large and diversified NFP. Room to grow with the firm.
- Perform diversified accounting and auditing assignments
- Establish a client working relationship and a thorough knowledge of client’s business.
- Prepare the engagement timeline, budget, scheduling and personnel required.
- Review and assess the client’s internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to general ledger account balances.
- Review and prepare work papers and supervises work to staff accountants.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, using GAAP or OCBOA, including disclosure notes.
- Ensure all work is prepared in accordance with GAAP and Firm standards.
- Communicate progress of engagements, any problem areas and resolution recommendations to the client.
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills and work quality.
- Analyze trial balance and assist in explaining the variance
- Prepare annual budgets for client
- Prepare form 1099-MISC
- Prepare and file monthly, quarterly and annual filings with federal, state and local agencies and reconciling grant income and expenses
- Perform attestation services such as audits and agreed upon procedures
- Complete Form 990 questionnaire for clients (not-for-profits only)
- Run jobs and become the go to person for the client
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Possess or be working toward a certified public accountant (CPA) credential.
- 3-5+ years prior experience in public accounting and audit /consultation.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in accounting and tax software, Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include job position, salary requirements and email address.