- The federal filing deadline was extended to May 17, but estimate payments remain with all four quarterly deadlines
- First-quarter estimates are due on April 15
Federal tax return filing was pushed back to May 17, but it doesn’t necessarily mean all taxpayers are off the hook until then. The deadline extension did not affect estimated tax payment deadlines, which are scheduled for each quarter of the fiscal year.
Estimate payments must be paid on time to avoid underpayment penalties.
Estimate payments this year are due on:
- Quarter 1: Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Quarter 2: Tuesday, June 15, 2021
- Quarter 3: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Quarter 4: Monday, January 17, 2022
What Else is Due on April 15?
Quarterly estimate payments aren’t the only thing due on April 15 this year. Calendar year-end trust tax returns, as well as corporate tax returns, are due on 4/15.
Here’s a full list of what’s due on April 15, 2021.
The May 17 extension granted us some time for 1040 individual returns, but there is still much to complete before 4/15. Call our offices at 516-541-6549 to talk to your tax accountant now because this year’s filing deadlines will be here before you know it.