- Client Portals: what is it and how it benefits YOU
At one point or another, most of our clients have heard us ask the phrase: “Would you be interested in signing up for a client portal?” While many have agreed, a good amount are hesitant. What even is a client portal and how does it benefit you, the client?
DSJCPA uses a client portal (“the Portal”) which allows you to upload, access, and receive all of your files electronically. We have found that clients with a Client Portal receive their documents faster and enjoy the ability to access their documents anywhere and anytime. Especially with the current COVID-19 pandemic, this tool has assisted many of our clients with both upload and receipt of files securely and also facilitates an efficient and paperless tax return process.
Our Client Portal is…
- The most secure way to share information between client and accountant
- Quicker and more efficient than mailing
- Entirely virtual and safer during the pandemic
- Easy to use and easy to set up
CPA Practice Advisor’s 2020 reviews of client portals puts it best: “Take steps [now] for the times to come. The future will be faster, smarter, even more prone to hackers, with [greater] expectations. Virtual accounting is a trend that has arrived.”
How Do I Set Up My New Client Portal?
The process is simple and takes less than 5 minutes.
- Visit our Client Portal page.
- Under “New User? Register here.” Click REGISTER.
- Fill out the information on the registration page (First & Last Name, Email, Company Name if applicable).
- Click “I have read the conditions and agree to these terms.”
- Click the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Within 48 hours of submitting, you will receive an email with a temporary password and login instructions.
- Click on the link provided in the email OR repeat step 1 and under “Returning user? Sign in here.” click SIGN IN.
- Once you have created your new password, you will have access to upload and receive documents through the Portal.
Our Portal Manager can be contacted via email with any questions at email@example.com or you can call our offices at 516-541-6549.
Associate, Creative Solutions
516-541-6549 | Email